How to Use ChatGPT for Sales
Photo credit: Ascannio – stock.adobe.com
Have you heard? ChatGPT has arrived—an artificial intelligence chatbot developed by OpenAI. When the company released a beta version two weeks ago, it racked up more than a million users in the first five days.
You may have seen the headlines:
“Why Everyone’s Obsessed With ChatGPT, the Mind-Blowing AI Chatbot” – CNET
“Why tech insiders are so excited about ChatGPT, a chatbot that answers questions and writes essays” – CNBC
“The Brilliance and Weirdness of ChatGPT” – The New York Times
And my personal favorite:
“I used the ChatGPT AI chatbot to do my holiday shopping this year” – digitaltrends
So what’s the big deal?
The big deal is that until now, most AI tools have been underwhelming at best. The output for narrowly defined tasks was usable, but the scope was limited and everything seemed like it was generated by a robot, which it was.
But ChatGPT is A LOT smarter. It can generate an incredible range of material from songs to jokes to computer code to essays. The jokes are funny, the code works, the essays would get an A. And those are just the initial asks. We haven’t even scratched the surface.
Granted, the software has only been trained on information up to 2021, so there are knowledge gaps. OpenAI is up front about its limitations, which include “ChatGPT sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers” and “While we’ve made efforts to make the model refuse inappropriate requests, it will sometimes respond to harmful instructions or exhibit biased behavior.”
You can read more about this here. The potential is huge.
A Blog Post About Using ChatGPT for Sales
I decided to give it a try. I signed up and—because I write blog posts for salespeople—entered this query: “Write a blog post about how to use ChatGPT for sales.”
This is what it returned:
If you are looking to improve your sales process and increase your sales productivity, you may want to consider using a tool like OpenAI’s ChatGPT. ChatGPT is a large language model trained by OpenAI that can assist with a variety of tasks, including sales. Here are some ways you can use ChatGPT to help with your sales efforts:
- Generate personalized and engaging sales scripts: ChatGPT can help you create personalized and engaging sales scripts that can be used to effectively communicate with prospects and customers. By providing ChatGPT with information about your product or service, as well as your target audience, it can generate scripts that are tailored to your specific needs and that are designed to appeal to your audience.
- Answer frequently asked questions: ChatGPT can be a valuable resource for answering common questions that your sales team may encounter during the sales process. By providing ChatGPT with information about your product or service, as well as common objections and concerns that prospects may have, it can generate answers to these questions that can help your sales team to overcome objections and close more deals.
- Provide training and support: ChatGPT can also be used to provide training and support to your sales team. By providing ChatGPT with information about your sales process, as well as common challenges and obstacles that your sales team may face, it can generate personalized training materials and support resources that can help your team to improve their skills and increase their sales productivity.
Overall, ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can help your sales team to be more efficient and effective. By leveraging the capabilities of this large language model, you can improve your sales process, generate more leads, and close more deals. So if you want to take your sales to the next level, consider using ChatGPT to help you achieve your goals.
I may not be out of a job, but you have to admit that is pretty darn good.
Creating Relevant Sales Content with ChatGPT
Many workplaces are buzzing with excitement over this new tool, and Allego is no exception.
“If you haven’t heard of ChatGPT, be sure to check it out, it’s an AI engine that will do what you tell it to do,” said Deniz Olcay, senior director, product marketing at Allego. “I think we have an opportunity to use ChatGPT to create content that will be highly unique and relevant in the enablement market. There are so many applications of the ChatGPT technology to sales prospecting, marketing messaging, and other areas to make teams more productive.”
The Allego marketing team has been brainstorming ideas for content, and came up with:
- 5 Query Formulas for ChatGPT to make Your Prospecting More Efficient
- 5 Query Formulas for ChatGPT to Brainstorm Marketing Messaging
- How to Use ChatGPT to Prospect Faster & Smarter, Today
- How to Use ChatGPT As Your Personal Sales Assistant, Today
We got this list when we asked for sales enablement trends:
And this when we asked for a sample email template:
The wacky use cases are fun—see “write a biblical verse in the style of the King James Bible explaining how to remove a peanut butter sandwich from a VCR”—but there’s so much more to come. Watch this space.
If you haven’t signed up yet, head to https://chat.openai.com/ to check it out.
You can also download this eBook The Complete Guide to AI for B2B Sales to learn how to improve sales training, sales coaching, and sales results with AI.